Welcome to TopTrack, a service provided by TopTrack LLC (“TopTrack”, “we” “our”, “us”).
Our Guiding Principles
We have a fairly simple simple approach to data protection and privacy, which is:
You should know what we do with your information. This policy is designed to give you full transparency regarding our data protection practices. Please let us know directly if you have further questions.
You should have full control over your information. We’ve designed the Website to give you control over the information you publish and share using TopTrack and other sites and services to which you connect your TopTrack account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information provided by you:
To use Toptrack, you must register for a TopTrack account, and by doing so, you must provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of TopTrack account, you will need to provide a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym), your email address, your month and year of birth, and choose a password.
- If you register an Artist account, you will also need to provide your real name, and zip code so that you can fully utilize the features of Artist accounts, such as networking with other artists in your area.
- Additionally, you may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information:
- Your picture, or an avatar, or record album cover image.
- Information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your music (for example, whether you are a musician, a label, or some other category of creator).
- Details of your other websites, or social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles (for an additional charge).
- If you register a Fan account, you will need to provide a User Name (cannot be already taken), email & password, and zip code so that you may fully utilize the features of Fan accounts, such as connecting with other fans to join a fan club.
- None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you upload music/sounds to the Platform.
Information we collect automatically:
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytic services. This information includes:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming or downloading sounds, uploading or recording sounds, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing a track with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting applause, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- information collected through cookies or similar technology.
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
Information from other sources:
TopTrack allows you to sign up and log in using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with TopTrack. This includes your first name, last name, gender, general location, a link to your Facebook profile, your time zone, birthday, profile picture, your "likes" and your list of friends.
If you sign up to TopTrack using Facebook, your TopTrack account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account, and information regarding your activity on TopTrack specifically any new music that you post on TopTrack and any new favorites, will be shared with Facebook and will be published in your timeline and your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. If you do not wish to share your TopTrack activity with your Facebook friends, you can control this from the Settings page on the Website. For more information, see the Choice and Control section below. If you signed up using Facebook by mistake, you can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings at any time.
Additional Social Sites
TopTrack will, from time to time, add or delete direct links to other social sharing services. You will need to review the Privacy Policies of these other services before connecting to them with TopTrack.
How we use your information:
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of, and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your TopTrack account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- To identify you as the creator of the sounds that you upload, or any other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or inquiry you have submitted.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- Your email address will be used to send you connection requests from local TopTrack users, service updates and notifications regarding your account and the Services.
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve TopTrack.
- To show you ads on behalf of advertisers, we use information that you make available to us when you interact with the Platform. This allows us to show you ads that are more relevant and interesting to you. Please note that we do not share personal data with advertisers. Instead, advertisers pre-define a specific audience by certain generic criteria (e.g. the city of residence, the age range, etc.) for a specific ad campaign. If your profile matches these generic criteria, we may choose to display a suitable ad to you. We may also display ads based on the content that you have recently viewed or searched, however no personal data is used for such ads.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing your information:
- Other users: Any information you place in your public profile.
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service providers to TopTrack: We use certain reputable third parties to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal data to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your TopTrack account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+, or Twitter, or others, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+, or Twitter, any new public sounds that you post or listen to on TopTrack or any new favorites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your TopTrack account in order to upload and download sounds or favorite or repost sounds from within the app. This will mean sharing your public information, plus access to your music tracks. TopTrack is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the TopTrack community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of TopTrack, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Your Basic Info
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to listen to music through the app, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). In order for you to receive credit for posting, sharing, and applauding tracks, we must know the basic info required to create an account.
Sharing with other apps and networks
If you sign up for TopTrack using your Facebook or Google+ account, or others, your TopTrack account and your Facebook or Google+ account respectively will be connected automatically. Information regarding the music tracks that you post, listen to, or favorite on TopTrack, will be shared with the connected Facebook or Google+ account. Content that you share with Facebook will appear on your timeline and in your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. Content you share with Google will be seen by the people from your Google+ circles when they visit your Google+ profile, make relevant Google searches, on Google-served ads, and the services selected in your Google account settings.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
We use our own cookies to recognize you when you visit our website or use our apps. This means that you don’t have to log in each time you visit, and we can remember your preferences and settings.
Third Party Cookies
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
Google cookies are those beginning “__ut”.
To opt out of this analysis by Google, please see the Opting Out section below.
We think it’s important that you are able to control the collection of personal data relating to your use of TopTrack and have therefore made sure that you can opt out of any personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below. Please note that you cannot opt out of our use of Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage as these are necessary for the technical operation of the platform. However, we do not use these technologies to collect any personal data.
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for the Platform – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the Platform. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
Activity Tracking and Bug Reporting
You can use the settings within our iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting. For the opt-out, if you are using our iOS app, go to the settings of your iOS device and open the TopTrack tab. With an Android device you need to open the TopTrack app and open the basic settings tab within. From there you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting to stop any analytics data or bug reporting information being sent from the app.
Consent to Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you choose to use the Platform without blocking or disabling cookies or opting out of these technologies (as described above), you will indicate your consent to our use of these cookies and other technologies and to our use, in accordance with this policy, of any personal information that we collect using these technologies. If you do not consent to the use of these technologies, please be sure to block or disable them using your browser settings, the opt-out links above, or the settings on your mobile device.
Further information is available at http://aboutcookies.org.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings on the Website at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including the music tracks that you have uploaded, or Fan Club memberships, and the usage data associated with them will be deleted and may not be recoverable. You are therefore advised to copy or back up all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account.
Even if you delete your TopTrack account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. We cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Access to your data
As described above, most of the personal data and other information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the My Account page of your TopTrack account.
If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
TopTrack is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible.
Don’t want to give us your information?
Copyright TopTrack LLC, 2016 - All Rights Reserved